Sonic FD was an Amiga game made by SEGA of Europe, which is a port of the game Sonic CD.
It was ported on May 11, 1994.
Even though Sonic FD is largely identical to Sonic CD, a few layout changes were made:
- At the start of Palmtree Panic Zone 1, an extra ring has been added.
- A trick from Palmtree Panic Zone 1 that had the secret pathway that ended in the Sonic-shaped hole with his dieing pose can be now used to time-travel.
- The machine-generator from the past of PPZ 1 has
- The loop that had a Future sign in it was replaced with a Past sign, and the Past sign alongside two monitors and three rings was also replaced with a Future sign (in PPZ 2).
- Amy acts differently: if you run she will latch on you, but if you stop she will stand. In the original Mega CD version, she will chase you even if you stand.
- At the start of Collision Chaos Zone 1, Amy has a different, lower-quality "eek" voice and also has a static sprite.
- A curved room from the past of CCZ 1 has two bumpers instead of one.
- The spikes at about the end of Collision Chaos Zone 3 are vertical instead of horizontal.
- Sonic drowns in after 35 seconds, which is about 5 seconds more than in the MCD version. This was made because of the slightly slower speed in the port (About 93% out of the MCD speed)
- An amenbo was added between the location with two springs.
- The Sonic panel from the 512 beta is back in Quartz Quadrant.
- The colors are slightly desaturated.
- Sonic's pallete has been changed from 4 shades of blue to 3, and his head has been redrawn.
- Amy's palette also has only 3 shades of pink.
- The speed of the gameplay is about 93% because of limitations. Limitations are because FD stands for floppy disk, while CD stands for the discs we use today now.
- The sound when Sonic does a spindash-super peel out is the regular spin sound.